The trading system is a set of certain algorithms trading, instructions and actions of the trader, on the basis of the technical analysis. In each trading system, the conditions for entry / exit, time intervals, money management and risk management are clearly defined. Trading systems allow you to limit the factor of emotional influence on decision-making, as well as to give the trade a certain degree of systemic character.
This section presents the most popular forex trading systems. In our opinion, they can become fundamental when developing their own, unique trading systems.
Many traders diversify risks and increase profits, by using several different types of trading systems simultaneously.
To date, more than 1000 various trading systems have been created, some of them formed the basis of many mechanical forex trading systems.
All forex strategies can be identified in separate groups, focused on the style of trading. For these groups, each trader can choose the trading strategy with which he will be compatible psychologically and stylistically. Traditionally, forex trading strategies can be divided into:
1) The most common group among trading systems in the forex market is the trend. Such forex strategies are guided by trends of growth or decline, tracing the stability of the trend and their duration. A striking example of such strategies will be strategies that are based on moving averages.
2) The second group of trading strategies include strategies based on the assumption that the price moves in the corridor or in the price channel, limited by levels of support and resistance. This group is called flat. As an example, strategies based on oscillators with support and resistance levels.
3) A group of countertrend trading systems. The algorithm of work is the determination of the point of the trend reversal. Having determined the correct turning point, you can get the most maximum profit. True, such strategies are not lacking, they give a lot of false signals. Using the Alligator indicator and Bollinger Bands are the main signs of the system’s belonging to the countertrend group.
4) A group of trading strategies based on Fibonacci trading. These trading strategies combine features of trend trading, pattern and wave theory. Based on the Fibonacci numerical sequence, special levels are constructed, the price, fighting off these levels, creates correction from the trend. Strategies with the Fibonacci indicator are an example of profitable forex trading strategies of this group.
5) The next group of trading systems is based on the breakdown of volatility. What does it mean? Significant is the price out of the established range. The price has every chance of developing the trend. A striking example of this group are strategies based on the Donchian channel or the Keltner channel.
6) The strategies of trading on Forex, which include technical analysis, are very popular and are built on the figures of technical analysis – patterns. The so-called pattern group of trading systems. All known patterns: “head and shoulders”, “two peaks”.
7) A group of trading systems based on sessional trade. These are trading systems that carry out trading during the selected trading session, using those currency pairs that are active during these sessions.
8) Trading strategies scalping – the main principle of scalping trading systems – is trading within a day with small levels of take-profit and a relatively large amount of stop-loss.
9) A group of forex trading systems based on wave analysis. The Elliott wave theory theory assumes that the movement of the market primarily depends on the participants’ psychology and the characteristic impulsiveness of the movement.
10) Combined trading systems, or, they are also called universal. This is the group of the most reliable trading systems, since the main principle is the compilation of various trading systems into one, after it is thoroughly tested and only then used in trade.
Trading systems are chosen by traders depending on their own experience and knowledge, the situation on the market and psychological compatibility with the trading system.
Profitable trading strategies forex are in each group. Also, any such strategy can form the basis of algorithmic trading.