When I first started out on my buying stock, I search all over the internet for information on how to purchase a stock. But there wasn’t much info out there(Trust me, I still haven’t found any yet).
So here is a step by step guide on how to purchase a stock on DBS VICKERS(Apologies for not showing how to link the brokerage to CDP, but I have absolutely no way to replicate those step, you can comment below if you need any help though)
Step 1)Transfer money into your DBS Vickers account
How much to transfer?
- Well, it depends on how much your budget to purchase those stock and whether you have enough in your bank(laugh)
- Ok, a little serious note, if you are not sure, you can check out my last week post here
- Being the nice guy that I am, here is the information from last week post as follows
- Currently, the brokerage fee for DBS cash upfront account is 0.18%, min SGD10
- Hence, the minimum amount one should invest is $5,555.55
- The minimum amount that one should invest in each trade should be more than $5,555.55
So you have decided the amount? What’s next?
- Transfer the money, of course!
1. Go to the investing tab in your DBS banking app and click on more investment services(black circle)
2. You will reach this page
3.Scroll down and select Top up cash to DBS Vickers account(Red circle)
4.You will Probably be asked to enter your sms 6 digit pin number at this time
5.After entering the your sms 6 digit pin number,you will arrive at this page
6.Scroll down and enter the amount you would like to transfer to your CDP account(e.g $1000),*take note it is an immediate transfer
7. You will be asked to verify the amount, click the submit button
8. After clicking the submit button, you will be shown the below screen
Step two)Time to buy some stock!
9. Go to the invest tab and click DBS Vickers online trading(Black circle)
10. You will be brought to this page, click the next button(Red circle)
11.Welcome to DBS Vickers! On the right side, you will see the drop down option to switch between the cash account and cash upfront account, the cash upfront account should reflect the amount you just deposited
12)The cash upfront buying power showed how much I have transferred into DBS Vickers, which in my case is $1000
13)Go to the trade tab and click place order(Blue circle)
14)You will be brought to the place order page, scroll down to the place order part
15)Start by entering the stock code that you would like to purchase(google for the company stock code if you are unsure)
This post is getting a little too long, I never really like long post, so I am going to continue this at my next post after explaining the various term
So, in my case I enter in the code: ES3(STI ETF)*Take note, this is different from the other STI ETF that you purchase with POSB invest saver(For more information about the difference between the two ETF, read here)
The terms are taken from this post, a while back,some important terms are…
- Last action-how much was this share bought or sold for
- Bid-how much someone is willing to pay for the share
- Ask is the price a seller is willing to sell the share
- Bid volume is buying volume because it has the potential to move the price up,in the above case it mean someone is buying 74900 shares at 3.095
- Ask vol is selling volume because it has the potential to move the price up,in this case it mean someone is selling 2000 shares at 3.100
*As taken from here: When a market is experiencing more buying volume than selling volume, it means that there are more traders buying at the ask price, which has a tendency to push the price up.
When a market is experiencing more selling volume than buying volume, it means that there are more traders selling at the bid price, which has a tendency to push the price down.
Chg or change
- For a stock or bond quote, change is the difference between the current price and the last trade of the previous day
- Today highest price for the stock so far
- Today lowest price for the stock so far
*Will continue at part 9:How to purchase a stock(part 2)?(DBS vickers)