Walter Schloss made 21% per year for 47 years, investing in a simple, methodical, low stress manner working 9-4:30 with no other employees or assistants other than his son Edwin.
Here are some key takeaways from the interesting Forbes piece:
- Focus on cheap stocks. This means not worrying about earnings at the moment, only asset protection.
- You have three things in your favor here:
- Earnings turn around and the stock appreciates significantly
- Someone buys control of the company (buyout)
- The company begins buying its own stock (share-buyback)
Read the whole article here: